Rogueside is a fast-growing Belgian game studio. The company is expanding and we are hiring a 2D Animator, to create the best games there are! This is a great opportunity for the right person to be a part of a company filled with open-minded, engaged, and creative co-workers.
Who you are!
We believe you are a passionate animator with the urge and ideas to really make our games stand out and perform. Your goal is to make visual effects and 2D animation that can make symbols, objects, flows, characters, etc come alive! To thrive with us, you need to be a team player with a good ability to work together. You are driven and strive to constantly develop your skills. Furthermore, you are Creative, Innovative, and Solution-Oriented. We work in small multidisciplinary teams and great joint commitment to the end product. It is therefore important that you have the capability to deliver on deadlines.
We believe that you have:
- 2+ years of experience in Animation in a similar role.
- Designing and Creation of high-quality 2D animations.
- Designing resource-lean animations, still of high quality and performance for mobile devices.
- Knowledge in animation processes from idea, storyboarding to final polishing.
- Good knowledge of English (speaking, reading, writing).
We find it meritorious if you have:
- Knowledge in Illustrator, Photoshop, Maya
- Knowledge in Spine
- Experience in the gaming industry
About the position
The 2D Animator role involves designing and creating the dynamics of the games for the best user experience, with game flows and animation effects to support the gameplay. Our games run On Desktops, Consoles and Mobile devices. We use Spine, Unity, After Effects and in-house animation tools to streamline the animation flow.
You will be responsible for:
- Design and create dynamics for our games to improve the user experience.
- Create 2D animations.
- Add dynamic elements and visual effects to static graphic assets.
- Collaborate with graphic artists, programmers, and sound engineers.
To be part of a creative and high-quality focused Game Studio. You’ll find that there will always be new ways of pushing your limits, technically as well as animation-wise, at Rogueside you will constantly improve your skills. You will get an open-minded, dedicated, and creative team-working atmosphere in our office in Geel City. We offer salaries and benefits in line with market conditions.
The ideal candidate should comply with all or most of the above and demonstrate excellent results in an Animation test to be conducted.
If this sounds like you, please apply via our contact page with the subject “2D Animator”. Please include your CV and a cover letter describing why you are the perfect candidate. Along with your application attach a link to your showreel.
We work with ongoing selection, so do not hesitate to submit your application!