Senior Game Designer:
We are looking for an experienced, highly motivated, collaboration- orientated, Game Designer to join an incredibly diverse team. As a Senior Game Designer, you will have responsibility and accountability for the design, implementation and delivery of the systems and design architecture of the game as well as managing other team members. You will also be a part of the leadership team, helping to move our strategy forward.
- You are an expert in multiple areas of game design and in applying UX principles to game design. You can act as a resource for colleagues with less experience.
- Line manage, mentor and coach your team to improve their efficiency so that they become more productive over time.
- Hold 1- to- 1 meetings with every team member where performance, goals, career development and even personal subjects are addressed
Responsible for managing the delivery of the outsourced level designers.
- Working with the game development team to translate the vision into highly engaging and highly performing features.
- Proactively identifying and addressing problems and opportunities in the design of the game.
- Maintaining the highest possible levels of design quality, while respecting technical limitations and performance targets.
- Documenting, communicating, and gathering internal feedback on the game features and systems throughout the development process.
- 4+ years of experience in game design.
- Experience leading and mentoring other designers.
- Analytical and problem solving mindset;
- Profound Technical/Gameplay/System Design experience;
- Knowledge of visual scripting.
- Strong knowledge and experience of working with UX design
- Articulate with strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong presentation and documentation skills.
- Confidence and experience to self- manage and self- motivate.
- Experience concepting and creating a game and/or features from first ideas.
- The job will take place on-site at our office in Belgium.
- The candidate can start very soon.